Monday, February 11, 2008

Finally getting out

Kyle had an intermural basketball game on Friday night at BYU and since David was working late I decided that I would go and watch. So the game was at 7 down in Provo, so I believe that I started getting stuff ready at about 3:45 ( i know that seems crazy, I dont know if its just me that takes that long to get us somewhere on time or if its everyone, please say its everyone :) But anyways, so we left at around 6:15 and pulled in right at 7. I was excited I made it on time, but what was I thinking I then had to get out the stroller, get the diaper bag and the camera, get Hailey then Tyler and then walk a little bit out of my way around the snow to get to the other side where the sidewalk was. I really didnt want to go without David to a place I had never been and I was worried about it being really crowded and me having this big stroller and blocking people, but David reassured me that it was BYU so it would probably be packed with moms with strollers watching their husbands play, you'd think that, but no, not this night, it was the total opposite. I walk in the RB and there were a ton of people everywhere and not one person with a stroller. So I make my way in, with the help of the kind people holding the doors open for me. Were probably going about 2 mph and there is just a ton of people everywhere. I am so serious the halls were ridicuously packed, there was some kind of high school swim meet so people were trying to leave and come in, so it was just crazy. I didnt see anyone with babies or a single stroller. I felt like I was totally holding everyone up, people would try to get around, but it just wasnt working. The flow of traffic was going both ways and i was taking over the one way going in. I was going as fast as I could, I was looking around trying to find the court they were playing in, I was hunched over holding Tylers hand and pushing the stroller with the other, trying to push it in a straight line. Tyler was great though, he kept up very well and didnt let go of my hand once. So we finally found the gym i think they are playing in, I look in and there are no seats anywhere and there was not one person watching, but i see Kyle so I know im in the right place, again with the help of some kind person holding the door for me, I go in and plop myself right in the corner, relieved that I had made it. But it was all worth it because tyler loved it. He loves watching people play sports, he loves basketball, so he was clapping, pointing, talking, he was perfect! It was a lot of fun. Kyle, and my cousins Roland and Anthony play on the team so it was good to see them and Andrea was there too taking score. They didnt win, but hey you cant win them all, but I am glad I went , the only place I have been with the two of them alone has been to the doctor and to the grocery store, so I felt very accomplished that I had got there on time, we all had fun and we got out of the house! :) So MAYBE we'll do it again sometime, lol. As long as Roland and Andrea are there to help me get out:) Andrea walked with Tyler and I didnt have to go all the way around to get back to the car because Roland helped me lift the stroller over the snow, so thanks for your help guys! But all in all it was good, the kids were both great, i think its just all the stuff I have to bring that I dont like, but I'm glad we did it, it was fun to watch them play and cheer and to watch Tyler help cheer too! He was so cute! oh and Hailey slept most of the time, I took her out once, but other than that, she slept like a baby that she isHaileyHailey all straped in and ready to go! and shes not in pink, thanks to Andrea :)
HaileyI thought I took a picture of Tyler, but I guess I just filmed him :(
Kyle playing basketball Kyle playing basketball
Kyle playing basketball. Well these arent the best shots at all. I was filming most of it, but I wanted to take some pictures too and these were the best I got, sorry. Kyle is number 12 and roland is 13. I thought anthony was in the second picture too but I guess not.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Good for you Lindsey. You are soooo brave!! Thanks for taking pictures. love them all.
Mom

Linda LaPierre said...

Bless your heart! You are a strong person....great photos! Love you. Aunt Linda xoxo

the Getschers said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her dimples!!!

mary said...

She does have killer dimples. They are so amazing! Where do they come from? This was a funny story... it seriously takes ALL day to plan to go out with two, at least at the beginning. We are finally getting faster at going places, but it still takes like 3 hours to get everyone fed and changed and taken to the potty so we can go. Do you guys have a double stroller? I use mine ALL THE TIME. Doctor's offices, the mall, you name it... I depend on it! I haven't checked blogs in a week, and you have SO many new posts... I am excited to see!

Amused Mom said...

The kids are darling! I'm glad to see your blog, I like it! I can relate to your story of feeling like you stick out in the crowd and are in the way. Remember me bringing my 3 kids to the single's ward sacrament meetings when Mike was in the bishoprick? Every little peep the kids made seemed to be magnified by the quietness of a single's ward! It sorta felt like I had a 3-ringed circus going on, but you all were so sweet and helpful to me and I appreciated that so much!
And yes, it takes me hours to get out of the house with kids, too. Love to you and yours. Tell your Mom Hi from us! We miss you.

Parkinson Family said...

okay thanks for the reassurance and yes we do have a double stroller, but its one of those big ones that you can put the car seat in the back, its nice, but just a beast! :) when she can sit ill have to get one thats a little smaller.
and we loved your cute kids sister haderlie. cody and triven were always good and fun to be around, but yeah i can totally imagine now how you felt in our singles ward :) it was good to hear from you and i'll tell my mom hi!