Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas

We celebrated Christmas at Grandpa and Grandma Parkinsons house
We brought all the gifts for the kids to their house and decided to open everything there.
Tyler was surprised with a big train set that we got for him and thanks to Aunt Stacey for setting it up for him. We took a lot of video this year, not too many pics, so the train and Tyler are on video. But it was so cute...we walked in the living room and it was all ready and set up for him, he was so very excited!
We also got him a tent....and to this day he takes all his naps in it and sleeps every night there in his beloved tent! I think we did pretty good for him this year. We tried to get some playdoh but walmart was all sold out and totally still is, crazy huh! Anyways, he loved Christmas and it was so exciting to see him get so excited about every little thing!
He also got clothes and cars from the grandparents....he totally loved opening every present and when he would pic up one of Haileys presents, we would tell him it was Haileys and he would bring it over to her and want her to open it. And when she was having trouble....he would be the nicest big brother and help her out! Hailey got some fun things too, her main thing was her walker/grow with you to a car thing. Daddy set it up for her and she loved it and still loves it today! She also got a ton of clothes from the grandparents too!
From the family exchange present, the Haslers got us picture ornaments for our tree. We love and cant wait to cover our tree in pictures next year!!!
Here are some pics from the day

they were alittle overwhelmed at first :)
but then started opening presents and loved every minute! Here he is getting excited with a pair of shorts

and he loved diggin' through the stocking
and finding a car!! YAY!
and Hailey liked hanging out with us :)
Mommy and Hailey... we wanted to get a family pic, but didnt, sad i know!

So on to the presents that David and I got!
I gave David a letter...thats what we were supposed to do, but of course he didnt...he got 3 very thoughtful presents for me!
The first one was digital photo frame, so cool and since I am obsessed with my pictures, it will come in very handy!!
The second one was....a new lens for my camera. My big lens for my camera had broke a while back and David kept telling me that it was too expensive to replace, so after months of not having it, it is so nice to have it back! It is also way nicer than my old one and I love it so so much!!! ooo and he got a nifty camera bag to carry them all in too!
The third and probably most special gift was one that he said was 3 yrs in the making!! I was like what??? what are you talking about....my husband isnt much of a planner and to have spent 3 yrs on a gift, I had no idea what it could have been!?! So I'm opening it and I finally get to the present and I see the sample wedding video case...for those of you that dont know, we had a videographer at our wedding and he totally skipped town and we never got ours....so I was like no, you actually got our wedding video...as I'm trying to hold back the tears...well not exactly but he totally found the guy, he looked up his last name, found the guys parents, told them our sob story, and he totally found him!!!! He still had everything and was totally like yeah sorry I'll do it for ya!!! SWEET!! he didnt get it though cause he wanted me to pick out the music with him, so all this was in a letter!! It was the most thoughtful thing ever!! I was so excited I was at a loss for words. I had totally thought that that boat had sailed away and that we just wouldnt have a wedding video, but no my wonderful, amazing husband found it and now we'll have one!!!
Isnt that like the best christmas present ever! Yes I know! :)
So yeah that was that, so awesome! We also got a ton of great clothes from the inlaws, which is always needed right :)
We had a great christmas! We ate and then went to go see Bedtime Stories which the kids stayed all the way through. We played some games and the day was over! We had a wonderful christmas and are so grateful for all our many blessing and to being able to spend it with some family!
Hope you all did too, i know this is super de duper late, but hey I needed to do it
We love Christmas!!!

***woo-hoo I think I'm pretty much done with Dec.! now on to the new year!***

9 comments:

Mikel said...

Way to go David for tracking down that guy and giving your wife the best present she could get!!

Anonymous said...

the picture of you and Hailey is sooo cute! and Tyler is always so handsome! and what a guy to still be thinking about your wedding video, glad you were able to get it, lets watch it!!

Anonymous said...

What sweet photos of the kids. They are so adorable! They both look great in red! Kudos to David for tracking that video guy down. What a great Christmas gift! He's a keeper! Love you all. xoxo

Unknown said...

llindsey tell david good job its nice to know that you had such a great day and got such a thoughtful gift. it makes me happy to see my wonderful daughter so happy and those pics of my grandkids having a great time makes me happy as well. can't wait for # 3 to get here love ya all dad

Unknown said...

llindsey tell david good job its nice to know that you had such a great day and got such a thoughtful gift. it makes me happy to see my wonderful daughter so happy and those pics of my grandkids having a great time makes me happy as well. can't wait for # 3 to get here love ya all dad

SchraderFamily said...

Linds~ That is so sweet of David! It was so nice to be with you guys the other day. Hey you need to put up a baby countdown thingy so we all know where you are at and can follow along! When do you find out what it is, or are you going to make it a suprise?

Mom said...

What a Christmas!!!Dave that was the best gift ever!!!Lindsey will treasure that video forever. I love all the pictures!!!!you can really tell Tyler and Hailey loved their presents
Mom

Mom said...

What a Christmas!!!Dave that was the best gift ever!!!Lindsey will treasure that video forever. I love all the pictures!!!!you can really tell Tyler and Hailey loved their presents
Mom

Lacey Evanson Stewart said...

Your kids are so cute!! Kelly just told me that #3 is on the way, CONGRATS! we are so excited for you all! I hope all is well! I fianlly updated our blog!

Lacey