Friday, February 13, 2009

News...

So most of you know our cute little family of 4 is going to become a family of 5 in a few months! Yup, I'm pregnant...19 weeks along. My projected due date is the beginning of July. Hailey will be 19 months and Tyler will be just shy of 3 yrs old!
We are very excited!
And we found out yesterday that our 3rd little one is a GIRL!
Yup....a girl, another little cute, sweet Hailey Bailey running around
Tyler and Hailey accompanied me to my ultrasound. We saw some really cool pictures of the baby, Tyler liked watching it all on the big screen while Hailey was eating some snacks.
When they zoomed in to check out the sex, i totally thought they were going to say a boy because I thought I saw a little bump there, but nope, she said "i'm a girl!"
We really didnt care about the gender of the baby, we figure we have one of each so we would be excited for either. I called David and he said...wow, are we ready for another Hailey....lol
So it will be fun to have another little girl in the house.
They also told me that i was measuring small...yeah go figure, I always am and they always want to push back my due date, but whatever, I just smile and say okay and think to myself, the baby will come when it comes, ya know, maybe thats why Hailey was so early, they kept pushing me back because I was measuring small...so yeah they wanted to push it back to the middle of July, so I guess we'll see. I guess I get another ultrasound on my next visit to confirm it.
So it was all good, got all my cute pics of the girlie and then I thought I was done, but no, they said I have to wait to be seen, arghh..... fine. I got there at 10 and it was already 10:45. So I wait and wait and wait some more, they didnt take me into a room til 11:30 and then i waited in the room for another 15 mins. It was crazy. The midwife comes in, yeah I'm seeing a midwife this time....she looks at the ultrasound thing, say they will check with the doctors to see if they will move my date back and then she starts talking about my weight....saying that my bmi is under 19, that I'm underweight and then she asked me if I was dieting....what?! are you serious...I didnt know it was possible to diet while you were pregnant. I politely said no ma'am, I get pretty sick with my babies and I usually eat every hour....she says am I making good food choices??? uh yes ma'am I would think so....i eat a lot of fruit and whole grains, I would like to think I do. Then she asks how much weight I usually gain...I told her about 25-30 lbs....I say my babies are around 7 lbs so I think thats a good number, she says since I started out underweight (?) that I need to gain more than 35 lbs so that there is enough fat storage....she goes on and on about the risks of not gaining enough weight, premature babies, placenta problems, blah blah blah, I'm thinking, ya know if this was my first baby, then maybe you could tell me stuff like that, but I have 2 healthy babies, they were not premature, nothing was wrong with my pregnancy or delivery....I tell her that its not like I am trying not to gain weight....she says okay, well we'll just make sure we try to hit our goal. I'm thinking whatever, i'm not having huge babies, isnt the ideal weight gain 29lbs anyways?! Ahhhh.....so whatever, she asks me how tall my husband is and if I am active and how active, I tell her my husband is like 5'8 and yeah I play volleyball, its not like I'm out there going to the gym to lose my stomach, which i know is a baby!!! anyways, so yeah I dont end up getting out of there til 12:15, my poor children, they were really good though, thanks Tyler and Hailey..
I just thought that it was weird that she was talking to me like that. I never had this conversation with my other doctor when I had my other kids, so I thought it was weird and if someone has had kids and everything was fine, I dont know why they would stress so much about the topic, when I've done it before, ya know...I dont know, maybe I'm just being sensitive, but I thought it was kinda weird and the fact that she asked me like twice to check if I was dieting, its like come on....when you're pregnant, you eat, everyone does! I did tell her that for the first 2 months I was really sick and now I'm pretty much fine, I do get nauseated but if I continue eating I'm fine. But they already knew that I was sick from the first visit, so I dont know if they are just covering their bases and making sure I'm okay, which is fine, but to have a half an hour conversation on my weight and that I need to gain 40 lbs or I might potentially hurt my child, I thought that was weird...again, if it was my first sure, fine, tell me what could happen, but this is my 3rd, my kids are fine, i'm fine, im sorry if I dont gain 40+ lbs, but saying that i am at an unsafe weight for carrying a child, whatever!!!!!
so what do you think...am i overreacting, if so, sorry, i just thought, it was a little much. So anyways, enough of that..

Another girl, how fun! Hopefully she stays as petite as Hailey or they'll be sharing clothes :)
David said so are we naming her Natalie, thats what we were supposed to name Hailey but David changed it at the last minute....I do love Natalie, but I also like the name Kara, i dont know I like it, I remember telling David about that name with Hailey, but I always liked Hailey more...so it would be Tyler, Hailey & Kara.....I was thinking of it with a C but David said then people might call her Car-a like car
Anyways, so those are the names were thinking...pretty exciting, some people tell me 3 is crazy some people tell me 3 is easy, so I guess we'll know soon enough :)
I'm doing good, again, I am really not sick anymore, if I eat something weird, or dont eat, I get sick but other than that I'm good, so yay for that!
I've been waiting to post about this and never got around to it, but since we found out, I thought I better do it and now i can add that widget thing! woo-hoo :)
the end!

31 comments:

The Cowleys said...

Congrats on another girl! And yes, that is kind of weird for her to talk to you about that. It's like she wanted you to come out and say, "I'M ANEREXIC!" Or something. I would just take it with a grain of salt....

Anonymous said...

girl power!! another cute little girl for tylers friends to chase after :)
yeah you look great when your pregnant, i know you, you're totally fine, 40 lbs, youd have to try to lose like over 30 lbs after the baby...yeah ideal is like 30 and totally true, you're a pro at this :) 3 kids, geez, lindsey!!! lol

Anonymous said...

oh and i like kara, i like natalie too, but karas cute, all the karas i know spelled it with a c, but yeah i can see how they would say car-a

SaraDee said...

ive been waiting for you to post about this, that so awesome, another girl, they'll be great friends! i like both the names, very cute! and sorry you had to be there so long listening to the doc like that, but maybe its just procedure ya know, anyways, your great and your kids are great, and cute too! so good luck, you're like half way done, crazy!!!

Unknown said...

lindsey great story and congrats another little beautiful granddaugter how exciting. can't wait to see you guys love ya dad

Tat said...

i got an account so i can comment :) i know i need to start one for us, i will i will soon :)
thats so exciting! i dont find out for another couple weeks, but everyone I know is having a girl, it seems to be like that sometimes..anyways, you always looks great! you have the cutest babies, i agree with sara that it was probably just procedure, crazy doctors, lol
anyways, we'll see you soon enough and we'll be preggo together, hee hee!

Tat said...

ha ha i just read your story again, i like the way you write just how you talk, i can totally picture you as i'm reading, you know i've always liked natalie, but that is kinda long, kara is way cute too, good luck!!
p.s. how do you get your husband to agree on names with you, we never agree on names, it takes us FOREVER to come up with one! :)

Anonymous said...

how exciting! bringing another little sweet child of God to this world and to such a wonderful little family!
Congratulations!
love
n.o. institute teachers

Anonymous said...

how exciting! i was totally expecting to see you today to find out, so thanks for updating! and you look great, dont even worry about it, got it off your chest now huh, man to bad we didnt play vball today, i bet your serves would have been killer! lol
cya monday!
p.s. you could use facebook too sometime :)

Katie Lane said...

I like Kara or Cara, and Natalie. Oh and yes the widget makes it official!

Kerrie said...

the thing about your midwife.... I think it's one of those "going green" things, and going all natural. Most people who are into that kind of stuff go a little overboard and seem to belittle people who think different. I'm going through that with my sister who is having a home birth in June and wants all natural baby products and organic clothes (when available). She wanted to use cloth diapers but couldn't see spending the money on the ones she wanted. It's very frustrating. I hope that made sense.

Congratulations, by the way. I love having girls. IF we have another girl, I want to use Natalie too. (oh and when I first read "Kara" I read car-a. So I don't think a C or K will make a difference)

Cheryl said...

Wow...how exciting! I didn't even know you guys were expecting (oops, I've been horrible at keeping up with stuff lately.) I'm glad you are feeling well. Yeah, for GIRLS. I'm a HUGE fan. Oh, and the name Kara is just darling. Congrats Congrats!

The Miguel Family said...

Yeah another girl! That is so exicting! crazy about the whole midwife conversation, but it is exciting to know if you are having a boy or a girl! hope all of you are doing well! we should all hang out sometime soon!

Janaca said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Another girl huh?! I'm a little bit jealous with 2 boys...but maybe one day. That midwife would've made me mad too! Jeez, you know what you're doing and it seemed like she just kept hounding you about it. Sorry! I'm sad I missed today.

mary said...

OH my GOSH, I can't believe you are 19 weeks along! I've been secretly hoping you'd be pregnant soon, though. Hooray! And another girl, how great. Can't wait to see what she looks like! Natalie and Kara are both such cute names. That will be so FUN. I had to laugh at your story, because I totally thought the ultrasound tech was going to say "boy" this time for me, because I thought I was totally seeing boy parts... I'm not very good at this ultrasound thing.

So you are so amazing to wait until 19 weeks to post!! And I am SO jealous, really, that you measure small and that you are just so tiny. My midwife had the opposite conversation with me at my visit last week -- she mentioned that maybe I should cut back on the carbs. I don't get it -- I get so sick for SO many months and I still gain a ton ton ton of weight. You are lucky. But I do think it's really ridiculous to ask a pregnant woman if she's dieting - is that even possible??

Anyway, congratulations! That is so exciting and it will be fun that we're both having little girls around the same time. I have heard both ways too -- some people say three is no big deal, some people say three is super hard. Guess we'll find out!

Anonymous said...

thats so great! hailey will have a little friend, tyler will just have to stick with dad ha ha
you totally need to gain more weight, duh! you are way too tiny! lol
and not all of us have blogs, us single people ya know, i totally agree with the facebook comment, it would like some love too :)

Kim said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you guys! I think both names are great (and they go great with your last name too- that is important : ) Congrats again!

Mom said...

Dave and Lindsey CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
thanks for giving me another grandchild. This are my little pieces of heaven on earth. Lindsey don't worry about what they tell you, you are feeling great now and i know you eat healthy!!
I love you all
Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another girl!!!! YEA!!!! So exciting!!!

And I don't think you're over-reacting with the weight thing. I would've been so mad! Just let it roll off your back; you know what you're doing!!

Congrats again! So fun to have a sister so close in age! YEA for GIRLS!!

Laura said...

How exciting! Your kids are so darling. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Linds...congratulations on another beautiful little girl. I love both Natalie and Kara for names. Don't pay any attention to that midwife either. Maybe she was just having a bad day! You look beautiful and healthy! Kisses and hugs for Tyler and Hailey. Love you all. xoxox

Sarah said...

COngratulations! That is so exciting! and fun that you and Brittney will have your little ones a couple months apart! and i totally agree how weird it is that the midwife would get all preachy to you! You've done just fine twice before!! crazy!

Heather said...

i love those names, kara is so cute!! your great! your kids are great! and sorry you had to wait so long, thats just crazy, not the best day huh?! lol
anyways, that is so exciting another little girl, we love our girls, youre awesome! cya later!

Heather said...

we need to get TOGETHER!

Anonymous said...

I know. I just hate it when I'm pregnant and they tell me I'm too skinny...oh, I guess that's never happened to me! But I wouldn't worry about it. Like you said, you've done it twice before and you have beautiful healthy babies, so you'll show her. I think you'll love having 3 :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

sorry that was me, i commented under anonymous. so i deleted it anyways, this is what i said
congrats, thats so exciting! two beautiful little girls running around there! keep up the good work!
cya!
kris

Mindee said...

Congratulations on #3!! Another beautiful girl...that is so exciting! Looks like you're going to pass us up, for now anyway ;-) Take care

Cyndy Parkinson said...

So since I didn't have you to dinner yesterday, I have to go to the blog to find out what sex my 14th grandchild is going to be. Shame on you! I like a call from the Dr's office. You should have had me on the phone when that woman was telling you to gain more weight. I would have told her she didn't know what she was talking about--and I've had 7! The first one I only gained 13 pounds. (Thanks Christy for helping me get down to the weight I had wanted to be at for years!!)You're a cute pregnant mamma. Also I agree with the comments about posting on facebook. I can't keep up with facebook AND everyone's blogs. And the only other thing I have to say is POOR KELLY!! Love you.

Sarah said...

K, I'm not sure what this women's talking about. You're a teeny tiny person if you gained over 40 pounds you'd be pretty huge. :) I know because I gained like 40-45 pounds, was huge...and I'm 5'8 so...don't listen to them. It seems like you've been healty and happy with your little ones. I'm so so excited for you guys to have another little girl. It's still sometimes crazy for me to think Davids married and has kids...wow. But david's married and about to have 3 kids! We love you guys and wish you the best of luck and hope you make it to the hospital on time! :) Congrats!

the Getschers said...

Congrats guys! I'm sure she'll be gorgeous!