Thursday, April 03, 2008

Big brother Tyler

Tyler is always helping me with whatever I am doing, whether its washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, vacuuming...like i said whatever I'm doing he helps me with. He has been really good with Hailey, he gives her hugs and kisses and talks to her and makes her smile, but he really doesnt know what to do when she is crying.......but today, he took action. I was picking up some clothes to put in the laundry when Hailey started to cry, i finished putting the clothes in and walked around the corner to find this.....she is not happyTyler had put all of Haileys toys in front of her hoping to calm her down. I thanked him for all his help and told him what a good big brother he was. He just smiled and waited for her to stop crying......
Hailey doesnt really know what is going onShe really didnt know what was going on, but she did stop crying....
Hailey looking at mommyshe then looked at me for reassurance......
Hailey checking it outstarts checking out the goods......
Hailey smilingand YAY! it worked, she started smiling!
Hailey HappyAfter I put the camera down, Tyler and I both started playing with her and then Tyler ran off and when he came back he had a book in his hand (the color book you gave him mom) he looked at me and smiled, opened the book and started reading it to her. It was the sweetest thing, I just sat back and watched him as Hailey stared at her sweet big brother with a huge grin on her face til he was done!
He is the best helper and I love to see them interact like that, it always makes my day!

7 comments:

parky said...

Babe I am proud of you there is not too many times that I see a picture of one of my kids frowning :) good job good job

Linda LaPierre said...

How sweet is that! Good job, Tyler! Love you all. Aunt Linda xoxo

Janaca said...

That is the sweetest story! I love how sweet Tyler is with her. What good kids you have!

Mikel said...

So funny and so cute! You have the best kids! I can only hope and pray that mine are as good natured as yours!!

Parkinson Family said...

you commented on my blog, whoa! this is going on my keepsake for me, lol

Mom said...

Isn't it amazing how much they know and how much they can learn at such an early age. Their love is so pure and unconditional, this is why the Lord tells us to become like little children. Thanks for making my day love Mom

mary said...

So cute!! I I loved those pictures of little Hailey overwhelmed by those toys. Sweet Tyler!