Monday, April 14, 2008

SKIING!

We have a few ski passes left, so we decided we were going to go skiing every Sat in April instead of selling them. We're doing good so far, 2 down and 2 more to go! We had a GREAT time on Sat with everyone! We went skiing with Davids mom, his uncle Roger , Aunt Sue Ellen and Uncle Steve. It was such a beautiful day! The sun stayed out the whole day , the snow was slushy and it was just a FUN day all around! I totally know why people love Spring Skiing! Thank you to the Call kids for watching Tyler and Thank you Grandmother for taking care of Hailey! She loved being with you Grandmother, thank you thank you thank you!
David and Lindsey at the top of the tramSo we got up to Snowbird at around 11:30. I am always so scared at first, so it took us a little bit to get down on my first run and then we met up with the others and took some pictures before we went down again
Lindsey
David and LindseyDavid and I
Roger, Cyndy, David, Lindsey, Sue Ellen and SteveUncle Roger, Cyndy, David, Lindsey, Aunt Sue Ellen, Uncle Steve
Steve and Sue Ellen coming down the mountain
Steve, Sue Ellen, RogerSteve, Sue Ellen and Roger on the Chair Lift
We went down the tram a few times, around the back on an ungroomed run, and we got to go through the tunnel too!
David and Lindsey close up on the chair liftDavid and I on the chair lift
Roger and Cyndy having fun
LindseyMe making it down the mountainLindsey skiing
Lindsey skiingI'm getting it and its becoming more and more comfortable. David was able to leave me a couple times, usually I want him next to me the whole time. You're the best teacher David, I appreciate all the time and effort you put in to helping me learn! I love you!
So we were there pretty much all afternoon and I am so glad we were able to go!
Thank you David for taking all the great pictures, we'll make sure to take some of you next time! :)

So after skiing we picked up the kids and headed home. We grabbed something to eat, got home and all went to bed for the night after the fun filled day each of us had!

P.S. like I was saying about the sun on Saturday when we were skiing, well, I didnt put any sunblock on and it didnt show up that day but today when I woke up for church, my face was fried!!!! and i guess it would have been ok if it was my whole face, but no, it was the nice goggle sunburn, not pretty at all and pretty painful! So if you saw me at church and you were wondering what was wrong with my face, that was it :)

8 comments:

The Cowleys said...

Looks like fun! And I honestly didn't even notice your sunburn! Promise!

Linda LaPierre said...

You look like a pro, my dear, even though you probably look like a raccoon now.... :-) Love you all. Aunt Linda xoxox

Mikel said...

I'm kinda the same way when it comes to skiing. I don't really want to be there at first but I always get warmed up to it and enjoy it by the end! We married the right boys for ski lessons!

Parkinson Family said...

Thanks Erin! and you are very right Mikel, they are the best!

Janaca said...

How fun! I've always wanted to learn how to ski, but have never been. Crazy huh for living in Utah!

the Getschers said...

Ohhhh soo jealous! So so jealous! Looks like a blast!

mary said...

Darn it, I bet the goggle sunburn was awesome! I think that is so neat that you guys get to go skiing together. I seriously think it sounds so fun... and I think it's awesome to have a hobby that you and your husband both enjoy! I loved the pictures, especially the ones with the beautiful snowy mountains in the background. Maybe one day we'll make it back to Utah to enjoy those mountains. What fun!

Parkinson Family said...

janaca! yeah thats crazy, we should go and teach you, its so much fun!