Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday

Our little man turned 2 last thursday the 14th!
I think we couldnt believe that he was just 2 because we probably made him grow up a bit faster because of his little sis, but like everything else, he has taken it in stride and has lived up to the challenge! From moving from his crib to his big boy bed at 15 months to learning how to "share" everything with his ever copying and wanting everything he has little sister of his, he has been a great helper and great big brother from the start!!

So he's 2, how exciting, we now have a 2 yr old and a 9 month old, fun!!

We threw a little birthday party for him at Kangaroo Zoo, he loves that place! Grandma and Kevin were also able to come and celebrate too! (more pics of that later)

We just wanted to say how much we love our little guy!
He is so fun, energetic, kind, loving, smart, handsome, sweet, we couldnt ask for a better son!!
We took him to the doctor the day after and he was excellent!
He was all caught up on his shots, so no shots for him. He laughed and talked to the doctor, which he appreciated, he said most kids run for the door, but our little friendly social bug that he is just made conversation and sat through the whole thing!
I was glad he had a good time. We seriously left the doctors office skipping out the door he had so much fun. It was also nice that my mom got to stay with Hailey and it was just me and him. Aww those special moments alone with my child, he really is such a joy and a blessing in our lives. He brightens my day and makes me smile over and over again!
We love him!
Bring on the terrible twos, lol
speaking of that, he totally learned how to say NO 2 days before his birthday. He said it when i was asking him a questions and usually I just expect his head to shake no, but he totally said it, I was like what??? I totally giggled and he said it like 5 more times as I was just laughing. Since then it has become a staple in his vocabulary. I still kinda laugh when he says it, he has the cutest little voice and he is really cute when he says it, yeah i know we'll see how long it last, ha ha
but anyways, hes growing up, getting bigger and we cant wait for what the future holds for him!!

Here are his stats:

Weight=25.5 lbs
20.51%tile
Length=34.75 in
61.4%tile
Head=19.5 in
73.09%tile


our skinny, tall, with a big brain kid is growing and healthy and we couldnt ask for anything more

Happy Birthday Tyler!
We love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...that was such a sweet blog, Linds! You are such a good mommy and it's good that you have some one on one time w/your precious little boy (and that G'ma got some one on one w/Hailey)...you both are winners! Tyler is such a sweetie, and so darn adorable. They grow up fast, so enjoy every minute! I love you all. Aunt Linda xoxox
P.S. Glad to hear you're all feeling much better - I was so worried about you, Linds!!!!

evan.miki said...

Happy Birthday to Tyler! We had a ton of fun at your birthday party - thanks a bunch for inviting us!

Janaca said...

So cute! You are really blessed with 2 great kids. I am absolutely jealous of your doctor visit! How would that be to have such a social little guy that doesn't kick and scream through doctor visits!? I'm glad he had a good day, and sorry again we couldn't be there.

erik and annie said...

Happy Birthday little dude!

The Wheeler's said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! He is such a cute big brother and a little stud!:)

mary said...

He is SO great! Sometime I want you to tell me what to type to make changes in HTML... I have a couple of things I'd like to change, but I am scared to ruin things by typing something wrong. Anyway, when you have a minute, you should email me. Can't wait to see pictures of the birthday celebration.

Parkinson Family said...

yeah we think so too! thanks!!