Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poop...yup thats right...

Poop!
oh dear, so I wanted to potty train Tyler like a month or so ago, he went in the potty once, but then he would kind of hide from me and he really wasnt too interested after that. So I decided to wait and just talk about it for a while and see if he would get more interested. So I bought some really cool boy underwear with motorcycles on them and he totally loves them! So I explained that if he wanted to wear them then he needed to be a big boy and go in the potty. Everytime I would change his diaper I would say, uh Tyler where are you supposed to go pee, and he would reply "in the potty!" okay, so he got it! now he had to do it. So to my story. The other night, Tyler had his underwear on and I would remind him like every 5 mins if needed to go to the bathroom then he needed to go in the potty because he had his big boy undies on, so this goes on for like an hour and nothing. David and I were playing a card game in the living room and Tyler was looking through the toy box for something and then all of a sudden i look over to him and he is just sitting there staring at me, I take a sniff and yup, he not only went pee, but of course he pooped...so I'm like Tyler did you go poo in your pants. He had never done it in his undies so I think he was a bit shocked at the feeling maybe, i dont know...David volunteers to do the honors, he wisks Tyler up, swings him into the bathroom, but I guess the underwear wasnt that tight cause the poo comes flying out...I yell and David steps right in it....he totally had no clue, he looks down is like are you kidding me...it was gross and very funny all at the same time. Oh dear, we're like what are the odds that you would step in it, lol
Tyler still in a stunned kind of state...David and I are just trying not to laugh and trying to explain to him what happened and why we have to use the potty if you have to go. Uhhh, classic moment, had to document. It stunk too bad for me to go grab my camera, i just had to go clean it asap, luckily it wasnt on the carpet, it was in the kitchen, poo and my dark carpet would not have been pretty :)
anyways, so we're working on it. Great introduction though dont ya think! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha too funny! good luck!

Anonymous said...

That is a very funny story, Linds! Poor Tyler and poor daddy. Good luck w/the potty training. It just takes a whole lot of patience, is all. Love you all. xoxox

Alyson said...

Gross! Potty training is one of my least favorite things to do! Good luck with it!

Katie Lane said...

That is so funny. I can just see David swooping Tyler up and poo flying everywhere. I almost I wish I was there when it happened.
I think we should get just together one day, lock ourselves and the boys in my front bathroom and stay there all day until they are potty trained.

Sarah said...

uh, that's really nasty!

Kim said...

Wow- that's pretty gross- mainly the stepping in it part... : ) I am really not looking forward to potty training, I have NO idea what and how to do it. So note to self~ make sure to keep them over easy to clean flooring-

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!

Just wait until poop becomes fingerpaint ALL OVER the bedroom! Watch out!

SchraderFamily said...

I am so jealous that Tyler is even interested in potty training. I tried potty training Jackson a couple of months ago and he peed in his "super cool" undies every hour for two days. I was like, "Jack, do you need to go potty?" "No no Mama" and two second later his undies were wet, and I would jump up and run him to the potty. I was good fun to wipe and flush, but he couldn't get the peeing part down. Now that I remember it, I think when I asked him if he had to go it was like I was reminding him to go . . . in his pants. Oh boy. Anyway, I hope you have better luck than I did.

Mom said...

Lindsey, what a joy it is to be a mom, with all the little things that happen daily, just be patient!! It looks like you and Dave are ready to train Tyler.
Love you
mom

The Cowleys said...

ha ha! That is hilarious! Isn't potty training so much fun? I was not even ready to potty train Kams but she didn't leave me the choice. However, now she is deciding to want diapers again but I don't want to have to start over. I guess I am just lucky not to have stepped in poop yet! lol

mary said...

Oh my GOSH, what story!!!