Saturday, July 18, 2009

Heres the story :)

***very long and i explain and talk about everything :)***

So I had been doing everything i could think of to have this child.....worked outside...played volleyball for hours...walked.....everything and anything.....and nothing!!
so i gave up, sucked it up at my appointments as they would tell me well your 37 weeks now...blah blah blah :) so MY 40th week was coming to an end and I was just bummed....the weekend came and went and then monday morning we did our usual....went outside to play. I had a few contractions the night before but they totally went away like an hour into them. But then Monday afternoon came and I started having contractions again....and this time they were stayin' around. They were about 5 minutes apart and would not go away....it wasnt painful, just kinda like a nauseating kinda feeling....we were outside and I asked my neighbor when did she go in to the hospital...like how far apart were they things like that.....remember...tyler never had a contraction...hailey....had one and had HER :) lol so this was all new...yes on my 3rd child...so my neighbors and I continue to talk about and I decide to hold off til they get a bit worse. That night we had a barbeque with friends down in provo and since david works down there now....i said i would just meet him there....so i pack the kids....we head out, the contractions are still at a steady 5 mins... getting a little uncomfortable but not painful....we go to the barbeque, i eat steak and pork...yeah i know :) they were very yummy :) were just talking and all of a sudden my contractions are coming like every 3 minutes and they are getting more and more painful....i call my mom and were contemplating whether she should come or not....i was like well what if this lasts for another day and all that....so anyways....i was not too happy and very uncomfortable....sorry if i was a bore at the party jody and mark :) so by the time it was time to leave did not feel up for driving...i called my mom and she started to head up from st george and we decided that we would put the kids to bed and head to the hospital...davids dad came til my mom got here...we got to the hospital they checked me and i was only a 3 and 100% effaced.... so they said theyd check back in an hr and see whats happening....my contractions started on a 2 min apart and about 45 secs long rotation...they checked me and nothing!! i was like how is that possible, its definitely feeling worse!! they let me walk around as we continued to time them and they were not going away!so again another check its about 12:30ish so we had been there for a couple hrs and nothing again...still about a 3-4...so the midwife said that she could break my water but then the contractions might get worse and nothing might happen and then they would have to put me on pitocin if that happened....so the other nurse...she was wonderful!! suggested that if i still wanted to do it naturally that i go home and take a warm bath....the midwife really didnt want to go but they did...they just reminded me that if it starts to get harder and i feel more pressure that i better start heading in....we agreed and left. We got home, my mom was here by then....i took a bath for about a half an hr-45 mins...by then the contractions were coming like every minute, i got out...threw up...bleed a bit :) and got david up, he was taking a nap....and we headed out.... back to the hospital....i was telling david if i was not ready to have this baby when i got there that i wanted to get an epidural!! we get in...im in PAIN!!! i throw up again, start bleeding....they start setting up.....my midwife checks me....says yes I'm ready...woo-hoo! So my midwife was funny :) I'm like trying to walk the contractions off...shes following me around with towels asking me if I want to have the baby standing up...i cant talk im just thinking in my head that shes crazy....she keeps telling me to "dance" and when i'm ready i can start to push....i'm just like you tell me when!!! so we finally start pushing....nurses are coming in trying to give me an iv and stuff...theh midwife is telling me that I'm healthy and doing it naturally and this is my third child that i dont need one..it was funny! so it was the midwife, david and I in the room....there were like 5 other people that were almost about to give birth as well with my midwife, so they were running thin, but since i was a 10 and they were an 8...she stayed with me :) so we start, im pushing, shes very calm, talking about letting my body do the work and going with it, things like that....i am just yelling and pushing and expecting this baby to come as quickly as hailey did, but i was wrong....it was probably a good 10-15 minutes before she came. She was facing up...so it was a little harder, but we made it through :) I was soooo sooo very tired...i stopped pushing with her like half way out...i was just telling her to get it out!! by this time another nurse was in there and the baby had the umbilical cord around her neck...david said the nurse was freaking out and the midwife was just like okay, let her come..things like that, she did and she was fine...they immediately place her on me all gooey and so not clean :) david straps on my gloves cause he becomes the midwives assistant :) he cut the umbilical cord and she starts telling him to do all this other stuff...it was funny :) he'll have to write his own blog and talk about it :) it was definitely interesting :) so shes born, im still not feeling that wonderful relief feeling that i had with hailey and then i hear her tell david that i have to birth the placenta, im like what??!!! im sooooo done!! she says it could take up to 30 mins...im freaking out...just pull it out!!! like everyone else :)! nope...my body will deliver it naturally...argh!!! so finally 10 minutes later, one push and its out....finally!!! that thinigs HUGE! i've never seen it before it was weird.....anyways, so the not cleaned baby is still on me!! im asking like oh how much does she weigh, blah blah so that they can take her...nope they just say relax we'll do that later :) oh dear!! come on!!! lol david is just looking and laughing at me....he knows that the one thing that i was weird about...just clean her and give her to me in the nice warm blankie :) so david is fabulous....the midwife was fun :) and they finally take natalie, they do their thing and shes back and of course im checking her out and comment on her nose...like i always do....oh yeah and she had a ton of back hair too. lol. ahhh so we were done she was there and the nice wonderful nurse from the beginning comes in and congratulates me and tells me how fast that was and she says isnt that crazy how fast it comes after nothing....i was like i know, crazy but im glad....she talked to me and kept me company while david was in the nursery with natalie..so nice! the midwife congratulated me and ran off quickly to help her other patients...so in the end, yes i know it always works out and im fine, but man this one was definitely a challenge and way different...but i guess i now know what all day contractions feel like...maybe on my next one, i'll find out what its like to have my water break on its own...but thats one that im grossed out about too, so hopefully not :)
anyways, thats the story...i stayed in the hospital til wed night and got home! the kids were great...tyler is fabulous!! hes so cute! he tells me how cute she is and how he wants to hold her...hes a sweetheart! hailey knows shes a baby and points when we ask her, but shes still not that into her....but its okay...shes had grandpa here and got him wrapped around her little finger and now my mom is here and she is just milkin' it :)
they are both great and im grateful for all the help from my family and david they have been such a wonderful help and blessing!!!
love you all!!!
thank you!!!

11 comments:

mary said...

Haha! I love your stories, Linds! I had to laugh that you were like, "it was a good ten or fifteen minutes before she was out..." AS IF that is a really long time! Some people have to push for hours, but after Hailey, I guess ten minutes would seem like a long time. But I hear ya -- having done it twice naturally, by the time you're pushing, every second is agony. I have to laugh to think of sweet little you yelling at the nurses, but I've been there too. It's kind of crazy how they are so calm and you're sitting there thinking that your life is ending. And this story reminded me of Abigail so much because you wanted an epidural and then didn't get one-- it's nice to plan on natural but then when the hard contractions come it doesn't seem so fun anymore. But it's worth it in the end... look at your little beauty! Congrats!

jess said...

haha so you ended up liking them huh?! congratulations!! i can always see you talking when im reading your stories! love it!

Janaca said...

Wow! What a story. You are so amazing for doing in natural! Maybe I'll be brave and try it with my next one. I'm glad things went ok and that she is here and healthy. Hope you are healing ok too! She sure is a cutie. Congrats Linds!

SchraderFamily said...

Linds you are a crack-up! If I didn't know you better, I would think that it was a walk in the park! You make it sound so easy! Natalie is so gorgeous too! When you get a chance, let me know when would be a good time to come by and visit. Anyway, I am glad all is going well!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a story. You're so brave, but it really makes me appreciate my epiderals!

Katie Lane said...

Oh Lindsey she's beautiful!!!! What a story, wow. I'll call you after church, I want to come see you guys!!! Congrats! I can't wait to catch up with you!

Sarah said...

That is so weird how each of your deliveries could be so different, especially this one! It makes me a little more nervous, I was hoping all mine would be as quick and swift as my first. I guess you never know. So it sounds like your midwife was a little cooky...would you use one again? I hope you're feeling well and that we get to see you soon. Thanks for sharing your story!

tothe4thfloor said...

Oh my goodness what a story! I remember your labor story with Haylie too. You are so funny. Natalie is precious and so cute and I can't wait for my little Natalie too! haha

The White's said...

Lindsey im so glad everything went well. i can't beleave that you came home, haaa your so strong. im glad you had her natural that is cool. thank you for writting it all down it was fun to read, what a neet time, it sounds like dave was awesome!! your very lucky. congrats again.

Aunt Linda said...

Lindsey Parkinson, you are an amazing gal! Bless your heart. I love your story and how you tell it. Natalie is gorgeous - just like your other two. Congratulations to all of you! Take care of yourself, okay. Love you all. xoxox

angee said...

Congrats again!! Especially now that I know you did it natural!! WOW! GREAT job!!

And, I always, always throw up a day or two before I deliver, as well as bleeding. For me, that's a sign that it's getting close. Glad to know there are others who experience similar symptoms! :)

Great job again! So proud of you!