Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend

We had a great weekend! On Saturday we were able to go Skiing again. Thank you Wendy for babysitting, we owe you! You need to come with us one time! Anyways, so we got up there a little later around 10:30. It was a bit chilly but the sun came out right away and we had a great time! David is a wonderful wonderful teacher! I tried new skis this time and they were great, i loved them! David said my turns looked so much better! Go me! :) and i was going down the mountain with VERY minimal stops....the fastest i made it down was like 5 minutes! Awesome huh! Yeah, we had a great time! We saw this dad teaching his little girl how to ski, i love seeing that, they look so cute! and the kids are always awesome! they smoke me and I am just like whoa, i cant wait til we can teach Tyler! He will LOVE it! So the little girl looked kinda small and we asked how old she was and he said 3 so maybe not this winter but next spring he'll probably be ready! wooo who! We skiied and skiied, the chair lift held us up for a bit but none the less, it was a great day! Craig met us up there so David got to stay a bit longer while i came back to relieve Wendy at around 3. I never thought i would drive myself down the mountain either, but I'm doing that too! Yay! So we dropped Wendy back at home, she said the kids were wonderful, like they always are when others watch them, so thank you thank you my wonderful children for being excellent! Then David got home with some Cafe Rio! Love them! and then we just hung out the rest of the night.....ate, played with the kiddos and then went for a walk, Tyler LOVES going on walks. If the garage door is open, he runs straight for the stroller, everytime! Hopefully it will stay warm so we can make it a habit, our nightly walks. David is usually on his roller blades and Tyler is always mesmerized when he is on them, i love when we get to do stuff as a family! I put Hailey in the stroller sitting for the first time, shes not quite ready, i was stopping every so often to straighten her up, but she loves walks too! No pictures bc the camera was still at Grandmas house, so dont worry i'll be sure to make up for that week!!!
Sunday, we got up for church and David got up on time to make sure to help me and to be on time, we werent on time but better than usual! Tyler made me a cute card in Nursery! His leaders are great! and then we came home....I wanted a nap for mothers day, so I got it! YAY for me! I woke up to a clean house and my carpets being cleaned! always love the way they look after that! Then we headed to the in-laws for Sunday dinner. Everyone was there and we had a great dinner and dessert! I got my camera and I was supposed to take pics with my kids, but we didnt so we're taking a rain check on that! It was a great day, received many calls and made some too! It was a great day!!!! Thank you!!

I just wanted to talk a little bit about being a mom...
I love being a MOM! Words cannot express what that title means! The love that it carries and the privilege it is! My children are the BEST! no exaggeration! I couldnt ask for anything better! I am truly blessed with the wonderful little family we have. I am not the best mother by far but I do try to try my best and do the best for the two of them. I love spending time with them, being in their presence is such an honor. They are the sweetest little beings. They do try my patience and i have lost it sometimes but even when i have had enough, they smile or laugh and i have forgotten what they did. They are so loving and caring, everything that seems sometimes hard for me, they are and they do it so willingly, how much i have learned from them and from having them. My perspective has changed in some many ways! I have always loved kids, but having my own is such an amazing experience that i will cherish forever! I loved Tyler soooo very much when we had him and then when we got pregnant so soon i was worried that i would be taking some of my love that was meant for Tyler and giving it to another little one. I know everyone told me that your love will grow and it will be the same, i couldnt comprehend that, Tyler was EVERYTHING, but now having both of them i now understand. My heart has grown! I would do ANYTHING for them, anything, i love them both with all my heart! Sometimes it is hard but i can probably count those days on one hand, they make my life so joyous! I cant imagine life without either of them, I cant remember our family when it was just me and David (i do love you babe, lol) but it has become so much more enriching with the two angels that have been put in our lives! We love them so much! and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a mother to them. I love when Tyler "talks" to me and when Hailey cant stop smiling at me. I love being home and thank you David for working so hard for us so that I can be! I love being able to document their little accomplishments, i love being their encourager and helper! I love being their teacher! I love sharing my LOVES with them. One of them is dancing and I love that Tyler knows how to pick a beat and break a move! He is the cutest! I love being there when they are happy, scared, nervous, learning something new, anything, i am there! and I am very lucky to be! I cant see the future and see how they turn out to be, but i know they will be wonderful people, i KNOW that! :) i can see it in their personalities right now! Hopefully i will be the type of mother that will instill the right principles in them to help them toward that, it is kinda scary to me when i think about how much influence i will have on them but I know that as long as I teach them the right things, stay close to the gospel and continue to better myself that they will have a good example to follow. It amazes me how much they have encouraged me to be better and they cant even talk yet! I do think about how they will be but I do love it now though, every stage is so fun, i remember thinking, man, Tyler is so much fun right now how he interacts with me and has his own little personality, i dont really know how im going to like having a baby again, but again, i was wrong, who knows what i was thinking! Babies are the best! They are so adorable! I love love love babies! Everything is new for them and everything is a new experience that I get to be part of! Motherhood is the best! I can go on forever and ever and ever! I just wanted everyone to know how blessed I know my life is and how blessed I know I am to be able to be a mother!
I am grateful too for the wonderful mothers in my life that i can look up to, thank you! Hope everyone had a great mothers day! I did, I do everyday!
Yay for Mothers!!!

This is a cute little poem my friend Janaca emailed me, I loved it! Thanks!
Before I was a Mom-
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom-
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom-
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,
the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

3 comments:

Mikel said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about being a mother. I might be crying a little right now (gotta love those pregnancy hormones)! Thanks for being such a great example of a wonderful loving mother!

Linda LaPierre said...

Lindsey...you and Britt are making me cry this week! You are both such great examples of what motherhood is all about and you're both doing such a great job! Your kids are happy and healthy and it's because you are with them and they are learning from you. Keep up the good work. See you Saturday. Love you all. Aunt Linda xoxox

mary said...

What a happy, sweet post. I loved it... you are SUCH a great mother and I can tell you just love those kiddos. Tyler is so darling and so is your beautiful Hailey! I hope you have fun in California!