Monday, May 18, 2009

Father Son Campout

Friday night our stake had a father son campout at Willow Park by our house, so David and Tyler went and had a great time!! I really should have David do this but oh well, all the pictures he took were too cute I had to put them up! :)
They started off with a little pizza for dinner :)
some box drinks.....check out Davids chair...nice huh :)
no straw for Tyler....
they were roughin' it :)
can you find Tyler??!
David said they watched the restoration video, had a little fireside and then put on finding nemo...how fun!
is he not having the best time ever!!
their tent
David said that it was pretty cold and all the other kids were sitting on their dads laps and he would ask Tyler to come sit with him and he would tell him no, this is my chair...too funny!
awwww
Zach, Tyler and Grace
i think this was saturday morning
such cute kids!!
they had to leave early saturday morning cause our ward had our last volleyball games before the championship....anyways, but Tyler was so excited to tell me everything when he got home...i loved it! He has been sleeping in his sleeping bag and play tent ever since and continues to talk about it all the time. David did say that when they were going to bed he did ask for both me and Hailey.....thanks Ty!! so overall it was a success! he slept all night...David said he didnt sleep that well, he kept waking up to make sure Tyler was warm enough...but they had a great time and I'm so happy they got to go together and experience it!
the first of many I'm sure!!

12 comments:

parky said...

yes Tyler was a riot and so much fun to camp with.... next its a family camp out belly or no belly ;)

love yeah

Aunt Linda said...

Those pictures are adorable and Tyler is most definitely enjoying himself. What fun! Love you all. xoxox

jess said...

i love pictures of tyler!!

Mom said...

It makes me want to buy a tent just so I can go camping with my grandchildren!!!. Dave what a joy to have your son by you and witness his happiness. Thanks for taking all those pictures.
grandma

carly said...

oh my gosh that looks like it was soo much fun! i love that your ward did that and tyler and david were able to go. so cute!

Katie Lane said...

Adam was so sad he wanted to take Sam!! Next time they will be there! So glad Tyler had fun and was good!

Unknown said...

man those are what makes a dad, son relationship , campouts that created so many moments that can be relived in stories and laughs for the rest of there lives. love the pics. love ya all dad

Kim said...

CUTE!! Parker and Joe went, but they only stayed for a couple of hours. It is fun that they can have some time for just them~

Anonymous said...

He definitely had a fun time! My boys loved it too. I wish Jeff didn't have so much to do so he could have taken more pictures. Dave did a good job catching all those cute little moments.

angee said...

Love the pics!! I only ended up with 2 from the whole night. Ah, well! You take what you can get, right?!

My guys had a great time, too! The Stake did a great job with the planning and stuff. Love the pics (again) because I was actually able to SEE what I heard so much about!

Love those Father/Son moments!

the Getschers said...

That looks so fun! Our father son campout was cancelled b/c of rain and my boys were SO bummed. That looks so fun! Tyler is SO cute!

Alyson said...

I wish Ben had taken the camera! I might just steal a few of those off your blog! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun.