Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Neighbors

So yeah this post is about my neighbors...
but first this story
Well my dad has been staying with us and the kids LOVE it! but Dave and I LOVE it a little bit more because its like we have a live in babysitter :) Yeah its totally awesome!
So we took advantage of it last Friday night. We put the kids to bed and then headed out for a night on the town...which ended up at the movies, ha ha
Anyways so after spending, 15.50 to get in and then another 10.50 on food (we only got a popcorn and 1 drink) i was like WHOA we almost spent 30 dollars, crazy, anyways, so yes of course it was worth it! We rarely go out alone, I usually make David bring the kids, i dont really like leaving them, so this was a treat! We decided to see Lakeview Terrace. I wasnt too fond of the movie, it was just way out there, well at least i HOPE!
So basically (if you havent seen it and want to, dont read the rest) Its about a CRAZY, really CRAZY neighbor and he is just a plain psycho, so yeah, well this is where I talk about my neighbors!!!
They are all WONDERFUL! as I was watching the movie, i was like is this for real, that would be so sad! We love all of our neighbors, they are so sweet, we love walking around the block and waving to everyone, its so fun! We loved our neighbors where we used to live too! So anyways, I was thinking about them while I was watching the movie and thinking that man we are lucky! They probably dont think the same, seeing that our house is the eye sore of the block, no blinds, no grass, and we havent had a chance to invite anyone over yet, oh yeah and we have our little dog that likes to roam the block! yeah i guess we're the bad neighbors, ha ha sorry neighbors, we're working on it. But, I just wanted to give a plug to all our great neighbors and I'm SO glad that we have never had to experience anything like the movie, i hope no one has to either!
Ok, back to our little date night! It was so nice to be out and be just Dave and I, we're so fun together, ha ha we always have a great time and thanks dad for staying home and listening for the kids. We already have plans for this Fri and Sat too, well plans to go and do SOMETHING, anyone else free :)
Well, so thats my post, next time I'll take a pic of the two of us because I know Dave also would like to be included on the Blog :) he IS just as cute as the kids!
So thanks for the date babe! Looking forward to this weekend with you and me!!! Til then!
(i know ya'll were thinking that i was going to say something bad about my neighbors, but ha ha nope! they're awesome!)

7 comments:

Kelly Evanson said...

love the post! you have to learn to leave you kids and go have fun with david. it's nice when family is around though. i guess we have had to rely on friends since we are far from family. we do trade babysitting. we watched kids last weekend and we go out this weekend. we love it and the kids love to play with their friends!! only problem is you can't stay out too late so definitely take advantage of that!!!

Anonymous said...

That's what grandparents are for, Lindsey my dear! Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure your dad is lovin' every minute of it! And, I've NEVER heard you say anything bad about anyone so I knew you weren't going to say anything about your neighbors....Love you all. xoxox

SchraderFamily said...

So, about nieghbors; I once had this crazy neighbor that lived through the wall next to me. She was always, like: "lets walk or something" . . . how annoying. Ok, I am so kidding. I really miss having you as close as you were when we lived in the apartments. It was so nice to have consistant walking buddies. All of the women that live close to me are a bit older and have older kids. It's not as comfortable as it was with our little "stroller gang". Anyway, thanks again, for being a great neighbor, and friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dad is there and that you can pull David out of the warehouse for a date. We have a High Priests party on Fri. night and it's Women's Conf. Sat night--not that you wanted to hang out with the old folks. I do have a great movie recommendation for this weekend though: Forever Strong--written by one of our neighbors and based on a true story. Joe saw the sneak preview and said it was great!

Janaca said...

How fun! Glad you guys were able to go and have a date. Those are rare things to come by for us too. I'm sure all your neighbors love you guys just as much as yo love them!

Amused Mom said...

Hey, can we borrow your dad sometime? ha ha ha. Glad you're reviving the 'night life' again. You guys are so cute!

Parkinson Family said...

kelly-i know i know and good ideas, thanks!
aunt linda-i always LOVE your comments!
britney-you're so sweet!
cyndy-well have to check that movie out, thanks!
janaca-i know, it was super nice
charity-you're so funny! thanks!