Tuesday, September 09, 2008

We love VASELINE!

Yup thats right, we love vaseline, weird, i know. My mother is obsessed with vaseline, no johnsons baby lotion or nice smelly creams, just VASELINE!!!
So we use vaseline. It is everywhere. Downstairs, upstairs, in the bathroom.....oh and the kids like it too. Not on their bodies, but to eat, yeah you read it right. Tyler will totally sneak licks here and there and dont let Precious get near you when you just put some on or on the baby, because she will not stop licking you (or the baby), she has seriously devoured a vaseline jar before and I had to call posion control once before for Tyler because I came down stairs and half the jar was gone, yeah, if your child eats vaseline, not to worry, they will just have MAJOR diahrea :)....anyways, so this is how the story went...wow, i said vaseline a whole lot of times....
so, as you all know, david has been working a lot lately, last week, Hailey was alittle sick so the nights werent so great. I didnt get much sleep and then having to entertain the kids ALL day by myself wears a girl out!!! So a couple nights ago, we came inside from playing outside, it was about 8 o'clock and we were upstairs winding down before bed. The kids were playing together with their toys, I had just changed Haileys diaper and yes I used some vaseline, so.... I was laying on the floor and everytime I would lay my head down, Tyler would come up to me and massage my back, i was like aww, thanks buddy. He would play with his toys, see my eyes rolling back and then rub my back, well, yeah, i fell asleep. I woke up about 15 mins later, Hailey is still sitting in front of me and playing with her toys and then I see Tyler....he looks kinda hazy, i rub my eyes, he still looks a little hazy and then I realize, ewwwww.....he has vaseline ALL OVER his face AND all in his hair!!! I just start laughing, he looks at me and heads straight downstairs, i grab the camera and Hailey of course and corner him and this is what he did in 15 mins with the vaseline....
i dont think the picture does justice, this clump of vaseline was HUGE!
Yeah, can you believe it!
What a silly little boy!
p.s. no diarhea in the morning so I guess he didnt eat it, he just rubbed it all over himself :)

So we head to the bathroom for a much needed bath, but those of you who are familiar with the good ol vaseline, water just kinda trickles off it, really doesnt come off, so imagine it in your hair, yeah, after 3, yes 3 baths, oh my, it was just not going anywhere.
So seeing it wasnt coming out and Tyler was having way too much fun touching his hair. I decided to check out a few new looks on him seeing that the "gel" was there to stay, we took advantage and did some "styling"
My sister Brittney is always telling me to do something fun with his hair and i just like it short, or "missionary" style, as I like to call it, so this is for you Brittney, lol

So here is our first look of the night, its called
the "frankenstein" look
and here is the "just ran my towel threw my hair" look
and this is called the "elder pierce part"
see why its called that here
the "alph-alpha"
(i think i spelled that right)

the "tyler did his own thing" look

and The Mohawk
(I think he liked this one the best, when I showed him in the mirror, he wouldnt stop laughing)
and then theres Hailey, she was the innocent bystander, she was just hanging out and playing while Tyler got bathed and we played around.
I think she had a great time staring at herself in the mirror though!
so cute!!

(Oh yeah and he also loves to eat toothpaste, if you didnt notice from the pics
No I did not let him eat it, but I would take it away and then he would take it back and take a lick, etc, etc, etc...)


so yeah, thats my vaseline story
I think the moral of the story would have to be.....
1. dont fall asleep when your kids are awake
2. dont fall asleep and leave vaseline loving kids next to an open can of vaseline
and 3. cherish every moment with your adorable fun children, who would have thought, you could have so much fun with vaseline in your childs hair, and such cute pics too
and 4. i think its obvious...always have your camera ready, you never know what is going to happen next
:)

8 comments:

Janaca said...

That is so funny Lindsey! It's crazy what they can get into and do in such a short amount of time. I love the pictures though of his new hair styles! You're such a good mom for not getting mad and just going with the flow!

Kerrie said...

Funny story! Every kid has their weird querks. Yours are just obsessed with vaseline! I was thinking too how awesome of a mom you are to not get mad and make the best of the situation. I would have totally freaked.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the laugh! Classic moment...I just wish some of these moments didn't come with such a huge clean up!

Anonymous said...

How funny was that Linds! Only YOU could see the humor in all of it - and bless your heart for that! I can see liking toothpaste, but vaseline - not so much! Love you all.

the Getschers said...

Wow, what a job for you to clean up but it sure looks fun!

Parkinson Family said...

luckily it didnt get anywhere else b/c then it would have been a different story! :)

Kerrie said...

You know what's funny. The day after I read this blog, Morgan got into the vaseline. Now it wasn't as bad as what Tyler did though. I'm not quite used to that. Kaelyn never really got into anything, but Morgan does!

Parkinson Family said...

how funny, yeah i know, they are sneaky little kids! :)