Saturday, July 05, 2008

Formal Gala

Costume Craze was nominated for the Ernst and Young Award for 2008
Its a pretty big event, a bunch of companies are invited and it is VERY formal
So yup, we got to get dressed up and took a night to ourselves
It was kinda stressful finding a dress and getting everything together,
I had no clue what to do with my hair or makeup, since I havent done either of them in quite a while :)
I went to nordstroms that morning and asked for some advice on my makeup and they were like hey, we'll totally do it for you, so I was like k, cool
She asked what I was wearing, I told her gold, gold everything and shes like k, I know what to do
She worked her magic, she was talking to me while she did my eyes (thats the only makeup I did) Shes like navy blue is really in right now and I'm thinking to myself navy blue and gold, uh ok? and then she was done and shes like ok I gave you a james bond smokey eye, I'm like james bond, didnt I tell her I was going to a thing for my husbands work, lol
It looked great, kinda weird with what i was wearing at the moment, a shade shirt and jeans, but with the dress, it worked well!!! :) I did get a few looks walking out of the mall and Tyler kept looking at me with a funny face, pointing to my eyes as we were walking out....
(it was pretty funny, i would get close to him and he kept trying to wipe it off, like it was dirt or something)
but in the end everything turned out great and we had a wonderful time!
We carpooled up with the Jacksons and spent the night with some great people
They had these cool entertainers, the 3 waiters, they are awesome!
Bruce Lindsay was the host, they had a red carpet when you walked in, the works!
We were a bit late, we missed the cocktail party (darn, lol) but we got there right in time for dinner to be served and it was great! We didnt know what some of the things were like the drink or soup, whatever they served us, oh yeah and then they had these champagne glasses and we didnt know if it was real champagne or cider. The men tried it and yeah they still couldnt tell, ha ha
so anyways,
they started the awards, we were in the retail category
Costume Craze didnt win, but hey, theres always next year right?
All in all,
We had a great time!
Its always nice to spend some time with my husband and we got to get all glamed up which was even more fun!

Heres the pics we took before we left

This was my AMAZING hair do!
Isnt it awesome!
I didnt even tell Jody what I wanted, she just did it, cool huh!
Thanks again Jody, everyone loved it!
YES! she would love to do your hair too!
Here are some other pics from the event
Click here
&
here

Good company, good food, fun night, & a very handsome husband in a tux
what more could I ask for!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous couple you two are! I love your dress and your hair, Linds. You are so beautiful! Isn't it nice to get all glamed up once in awhile! Love you. xoxox

Janaca said...

Wow! You look way cute Lindsey! I LOVE your hair and dress. That would be so fun to get all dressed up like that. That's funny Tyler kept trying to wipe off your makeup.

tothe4thfloor said...

Lindsey you are absolutely gorgeous!! I bet it was so fun to dress up and have an evening to yourselves!

Sarah said...

Fun! Lindsey you look so pretty! We were just commenting how naturally beautiful you are but you are apparently very pretty all done up too! Cute!

Brittney said...

I'm surprised dave let you put makeup on.. haha jk. You look great! and i like the dress. .. where did u get it? Glad you guys went and had fun!