Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tyler

Tyler is becoming more and more independent everyday. He tries new things, he "helps" out a lot and he is talking a lot more. He says "I want" a lot, so everything starts with I want and he is just learning new things so fast!
Tyler loves to walk up and down the stairs, he always has. He has been walking up and down the stairs like us "big people" for a while now (probably about 3 mths) and I had never taken a picture of it, so here he iswith blanket in tow, of course :)


he was smiling really good and then had to show off his teeth for me
Tyler has also learned just recently how to open and unlock doors. This has definitely not been very fun for me, especially during nap time. He now knows he can open his door, so when I put him down for his nap, sure he goes up fine b/c he knows he can open the door and walk right out!
this picture is one I took probably the second day that he had been doing it. This was right before his bed time and we had been playing outside for a while. We came in and started to get ready for bed, I went up stairs to put Hailey to bed and what do I come down to, yup, Tyler UNLOCKING the top lock, like what in the world, how does he know how to do that. I thought I would be smart and lock the top locks so he couldnt open them, well I guess I'm not that much smarter than a 23 mth old, lol!
He really wanted to go out :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, how cute he is! And getting so big, too. That always scares me when kids start unlocking doors. Mommy will need to be extra diligent during this phase! I loved the photo of his sad face. He's cute even w/a sad face! Love you all. xoxox

Janaca said...

Our boys are growing up so fast! Jordan will be 2 on Friday, and he is doing a lot of what Tyler is. He actually escaped out the front door yesterday while I was at work and Jason was watching him! Jason couldn't find him anywhere and then all of a sudden in come Jordan from being outside! Scary huh? They are sure getting smart.

Parkinson Family said...

Uh Yeah scary! and too smart! :) i cant believe they are going to be 2 either!