Friday, November 07, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Our Trip to Vegas was over....we had a great time spending time with family, thanks for having us Dyes!
So we got to the airport a bit early, we didnt leave til 4:50 and i think we were there at around 2:30, so we had time to walk around, eat and hang out on the floor by Hailey! I swear the amount of looks I got was priceless! The amount of help was too! People would see my helpless self, some would laugh but the majority would help!
Going through security in Salt Lake is a little different than Vegas, I think the people in Salt Lake expect big families and bigger strollers, but in Vegas, they took one look at my stroller and said uh, you need to wait over here, I was like yeah you just cant check it right here, they're like oh no, hold on maam' so we waited as everyone went through and our stuff was on the other side, finally someone came over and lifted the stroller over and then they let us through. The guy was nice though, he was talking to me and asking me about the kids, he was telling me that he was one 2 yr old and that he doesnt want anymore, it was funny, so he kept telling me good luck and that he hopes they are well on the plane, i just kept saying yeah they definitely keep my life exciting! The other guys were playing with Tyler as he tried to escape, he would look around and try to run to the water fountain and the nice security guard would keep giving him stickers, which he never likes, he got like 6 of them, anyways, we finally got everything back in the stroller, kids included and everyone waved and said good luck :)
then as we are walking to the gate, people are just staring at me as Hailey started getting antsy and hungry, but sorry what could i do i was in line for food, ha ha anyways, everything was all good once we got food ! Then after all that, we still had about an hour and a half left, so I let Hailey play around and Tyler loved watching the planes! Then we got to pre board and the flight lady is like oh the front row is open and she said we could have it (we were in the back) I was like okay cool, well no not so cool, when we were about to take off, she asks for all my bags, im like uh, excuse me, she says that i cannot have anything loose in the front row because there is not a seat in front of me to put the bags under...i was like oh my goodness are you kidding me, dont you see I have 2 kids and my bags will keep them sane and quiet on the ride and if I dont have them, then thats all out the window, arghhh.....i was still in shock as I took out some essentials and gave her my lifeline. Hello, why would you give me the front seat, you saw i had two kids and I'm alone! do you think they will just sit through this 56 minute flight, they didnt have naps, note to self: never accept the front row again!!! anyways, it all worked out, they did get a little antsy toward the end, but the lovely older ladies sitting next to me kept smiling and talking to Hailey she loved it, oh yeah and also in the front row, the flight attendants are looking right at you the whole time, so they kept telling me, uh can you please put his seat belt back on when Tyler would take it off, uh so annoying, but yeah we made it! The kids were really great! When we were getting off and I was getting my stuff from the top, the lady next to me said oh you did such a good job, aww thanks lady, it was nice, all the people sitting by me were so sweet! So then we were the first ones off, but the strollers are the last, of course! :) so we waited and waited and finally got to the stroller, met daddy and made it home in one piece!!! gotta love traveling!!!
Here are some pics from our wait in VegasThose biscuits are the messiest thing ever but they definitely keep Hailey happy!Tyler lovin his nuggets & ketchup!

So these next pictures came out way dark, but I loved them so we antiqued them a bit and I think they look cute!



And thats our trip, hope to see you guys again soon! but this time with David :)

4 comments:

Katie Lane said...

That is so annoying about the front seat. I think I would have cried if they had taken away my bags...

Anonymous said...

That is annoying about the front seat...not helpful to families at all. The photos are beautiful, though, and you should get a medal for traveling w/two kids, strollers, bags, foods, etc., all by yourself. Bless your heart! Love you guys! xoxox

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you are a brave woman, glad it turned out fine!