Friday, November 14, 2008

New Carpet!

Yes we've only been here a year and were getting new carpet!
Either that stuff was really cheap or we're just dirty :) hmmm....maybe a little bit of both...ha ha
anyways, so as we're looking at the bill they have a charge for tear and haul, so I ask if we could do that ourselves and he said sure it will save you 300 bucks, so I immediately volunteered my husband to tear up all 2500 sq ft of our carpet. I think it was well worth it!
what about you dave?!
I dont think he was that thrilled about it.....1st that he had to do it and then 2nd that i was taking pictures and not helping :)
here we go, no turning back now...
I know it doesnt look that bad, but trust me, when you have to spot clean every day and do a deep clean of the carpet every other week, it is no fun!
my dad walked in and we recruited him too :)

The downstairs probably took us, them, no more than a couple of hours, then we headed upstairs.....

We had to take all the toys either in the garage or in the kitchen and as you can tell Tyler was not happy with that at all!

and then we had to take his bed down and ooohhh man that did not go over well either! all he kept saying was "bed back" "my bed" and then he would point to his room, he was really upset, after the bed incident everything we touched was just another scene :)
over to the other child.....she was loving it. Playing in her crib as we moved her around the room. The crib wouldnt fit through the door, so we would move the crib back and forth to get the carpet underneath her Just hang out and playing and of course smilingThere it is, bye bye carpet! woo-hoo!

in the back rooms we just threw the carpet out the window and since the love sac was in Tylers room and we knew we couldnt carry it downstairs, it was going out the window too :)

David of course decided he could not resist a love sac being down below so out he went!

so we gathered the kids up and then he jumped
yay daddy! and then Tyler wanted a turn......and he loved it....


ha ha just kidding :)


Well that was it, we got all the carpet out! its still in our garage though! but anyways, so the carpet men came and installed the new one and we love it! It is beautiful! its called tea party and it is so soft and comfortable! So this is funny, Hailey started crawling, well moving and scooting the next night and I tell everyone its because of our new, nice soft carpet that she has to crawl on now :)
Here it is....Pretty huh?!
Yes, again we love it, we couldnt get grass in this year, so we got carpet, nice trade off, if i do say so myself!

Well worth the 300 and i got pics for the blog! what more could I ask for!
well i still want grass and a fence :) oh and we need to paint too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty. I love it!

The Cowleys said...

I am SOO JEALOUS! We have the same cheap/dirty carpet, but ours is even lighter so it often looks polka-dotted! I need to come visit you and take a look/feel! When you get ready to paint, please give me a ring-a-ling, I would LOVE to help!

Katie Lane said...

I love your carpet. That little Hailey is the sweetest. What a cute smile.

Anonymous said...

Love the carpet and I love the fact that your hubby took on the task of removing the old carpet. Good job! Traumatic for Tyler, but Hailey didn't seem to mind at all :-). Love you all xoxox

Anonymous said...

oops...a little typo there...

Janaca said...

Your carpet looks great! I love the color and look of it. That's funny Tyler got so upset when you were moving his things. I'm sure Jordan would be the same way. Hailey on the other hand looked like she was having a blast as usual!

Anonymous said...

it looks great!