Thursday, March 13, 2008

Monday Fun

So Family night was a little different this week mostly because David was horribly sick! He caught the the 24 yuck virus from somewhere and was totally out of commission for the whole day, he still had to go to work, so when he came home he totally crashed on the couch in the family room and if anybody knows how david sleeps, I really couldnt get him up to go to our room. I didnt want the kids to get too close to him so we headed outside! It has been really nice lately, around 55 degrees (I never thought that I would say that 55 degrees was nice, go figure) anyways, so we said bye to David and I took Tyler and Hailey outside. I grabbed his t-ball set and I thought I would try to teach him to run the bases. Luckily our driveway is really long, we have no grass so that is the only place to play.
Anyways, So it started like this
Tyler holding the bat Tyler holding his bat
He is really good at hitting the ball, he only uses one hand most of the time, so I was trying to teach him to use both hands and maybe run the bases (it comes with cute little bases and everything) So i would show him and then have him do it. Meanwhile, Hailey was just having a good ol time in the stroller playing with her little rings that she can now tug on, Yay Hailey!
So like I said, its nice out so a lot of the kids are outside, well one of them was our neighbor Marlee. Shes 4 yrs old and she was on her little bike, well when she came up our driveway on it, Tyler looked at her like this
Tyler making his
put his bat down
Tyler puting his bat down
blew kisses at me, grabbed HIS "bike" and began to take a "ride" with her
Tyler taking off on his truck
(I was yelling at him to look at me and smile and this is what I got, I think he is at that point when I can tell him to smile and he will!)
Tyler posing
Well like I said, Marlee is 4 and was riding a bike and not to mention she was showing her mom and I how fast she could go, she would race by him, he would stop and stare
Tyler looking right Tyler looking left
so needless to say Tyler had a hard time keeping up :) But there were plenty of times that he would go as fast as his little feet would go to try and get her
Tyler trying to catch up Tyler trying to catch up Tyler trying to catch up
We were out there for about an hour, Hailey was great, continuing to notice the potential of her new found hands, she even picked up her pacifier
Hailey playing Hailey playing
It was getting kinda cold so we decided to head in and David was still looking like this
David sleeping David sleeping
We still had a little bit of time til Tyler had to go to bed so since Hailey was doing so good with grabbing things I gave her Tylers little duck he had when he was around this age. She totally loved it! She immediately started sucking on the beak
Hailey playing with her duckie Hailey playing with her duckie Hailey playing with her duckie
While she was doing this, I of course, was taking pictures of her and trying to get her to smile and I usually make funny noises or roll my tongue, stuff like that to make her laugh, well as I was doing this Tyler totally was copying me. I would look at him and laugh and then I realized that he wanted some pictures too, so I started to take some of him and he totally was posing, looking right at me, laughing and lovin it!
Tyler posing Tyler posing Tyler posing Tyler posing
Its so funny, he really understands everything, he knows what he wants and how to get it, he makes me laugh constantly. So after I took pictures of him, I told him to help me make Hailey laugh, he did, she smiles so much more when she sees him-its the cutest!
Hailey playing with the duckie Hailey playing with the duckie
So we caught some more of her and then Tyler politely took the duckie and showed me how he can do it too :)
Tyler playing with the duckie Tyler playing with the duckie
Anyways, it was a very fun night, sorry David had to miss it, but he always has this post to see (literally) step by step account of what took place! lol

8 comments:

Mom said...

I always have soo much fun looking at my grandchildren grow. Its like a never ending book with an everyday surprise!!! I love you all, thanks for making the time to do it.
Mom

Linda LaPierre said...

You are such a good little mommy, Lindsey. The pictures are so precious. I love them. Love you all. Aunt Linda xoxo

mary said...

That was such a FUN post! What a little journalist! I had to laugh that you called it the "24 hour yuck virus" and then that story about Tyler putting down his bat, blowing you kisses, and grabbing his bike! Hahaha! He knows just what to do! Your kids are so cute. Oh my gosh, that HAILEY... those pictures in the previous post, could she be any CUTER?? Loved it all!

Janaca said...

Sounds like a fun night! I love that its getting warmer. You need to come over with the kids one of these days and play at the park. I've gone over a couple times with Jordan and he loves the slides! I love all the pictures. That stinks that David got sick!

The Cowleys said...

So cute! I hope david is feeling better. Sounds like you had fun.

Parkinson Family said...

mom that sounds cool, a never ending book with a surprise everyday, i like it! and what would i do without your comments aunt linda, you always make me feel good! Mary your awesome, me the journalist, you are the best! i love reading your posts! Janaca, i am totally going over by you guys next week, that would be so fun, they really havent been to the park for a while, they're so much older now it will be fun to see if they will do anything new! and thats erin, he is feeling better! cya guys!

Parkinson Family said...

it was supposed to be thanks erin, not thats erin :)

the Getschers said...

What a fun, busy day! Tyler sounds like a really fun little guy! And Hailey is adorable, as always!