Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tylers Boo-Boo

So it happened.....
my child is safely cuddled up in my arms after he wakes up from his nap and i totally take a dive down the stairs with Tyler taking the brunt of the fall. Poor little kid. I have no clue how it happened, I think I tripped on his blanket. But anyways, we hit the wall pretty hard, i didnt get any bruises, but poor Tyler sure did. This is the pic right after...He stopped crying once he got a Popsicle. I totally thought he broke his cheek bone or something. I called david at work, he called his dad, in the end, nothing was wrong other than the HUGE mark on his face
Sorry Tyler!!
This is the next day
it become a black eye, but all is good, no pain just a nasty black and blue mark all over his cheek
a couple days later
now its green
This happened on Thursday of last week. At church on sunday a few people asked me what happened, and i began to explain and the 3 people I did tell, had a similar story they related back to me, so thanks, they made me feel a bit better!
When I picked him up from nursery, the nursery leader was like "I wanna see what he did to the other kid" I laughed and was like, I was the other kid, told him the story and then hes like, well its a real nice shiner anyways, ha ha
So yeah, again, sorry Tyler, you're a trooper! Thanks for the smile at the end!
Its been a week, its still slightly there, but none the less healing appropriately
anyways, had to document Tylers first big boo boo

7 comments:

the Getschers said...

Wow. Poor guy and poor you! That's pretty traumatic! Glad you both are okay though... what a funny story to tell later on!

Anonymous said...

So happy that Tyler is okay. What a scary thing to happen - for both of you...no blankets coming down the stairs from now on, mommy!!!
Love you all. Aunt Linda xoxox

Kerrie said...

Poor baby! That's a nasty bruise.

Janaca said...

Ouch!!! That's too bad that it happened. I remember last Easter at church Jordan fell off a chair and had a nice bruise to show everyone...it was my fault too. Doesn't it make you feel terrible?! I guess things like that happen though. :) Glad he's healing alright.

Jody said...

tyler is tough!!!! ok about the whole "tagging" thing... you saw my apartment today... i can't do it!!!! ekkk! its been like this for almost a week now and i probably won't finish for another week! but when its done... omg its gonna feel good :-) hey i hope y'all had fun at the banquet! you looked beautiful!

Parkinson Family said...

i know it was sad...
jody thats funny about the tag, yeah it had to be this week huh? lol
yes we had a great time david and everyone else loved my hair thanks, ill post pics soon!
Thanks!

Brittney said...

oooh... scary.